Taking any test is a traumatic time for a lot of people, but if you take the time to prepare yourself well, it will help you to enter the test with confidence.
Here are a few tips for when you are planning to take the GRE test.
• Make sure that you answer every question on the test paper. As you will already know, a lot of the questions involve a multiple choice option. So, if you are taking the paper test, and you are not sure about the answer to a particular question, it is a good idea to leave it until you have answered everything else that you can, then return to the unanswered questions. If you are still not sure of the answer, make an educated guess. You will have a 20-25% chance of hitting on the right answer. Just remember to answer everything.
• However, if you are taking the Computer-Adaptive GRE, you will have to answer each question as it comes up because you can't return to a question once you move to the next screen. Just remember to answer everything to the best of your ability - don't leave anything blank.
• If you really are struggling to find a right answer, look for an answer that you know is wrong so you can rule that one out completely. Then you are giving yourself an even better chance of being right as there will be fewer wrong answers to choose from.
• When using the computer adaptive GRE test, you will find that harder questions are awarded more points. So try and make sure to spend more time getting the harder questions absolutely right to accumulate more points.
• Try to be super focused before sitting down to do the test. It is important to be able to concentrate fully as your time in this test is limited. Do some relaxation exercises before entering the room so you are not suffering from too much stress and anxiety.
• You will not be able to take any paper into the exam with you but you will be provided with paper to make notes and do calculations. Make sure you use it.
If you have studied well and you are confident that you know your stuff, the GRE test should not pose any problems. So prepare and study.
Copyright 2009 Study-Tips-Today.com
About the Author:
Compliments of www.study-tips-today.com
This Article is Brought to you by:
Student Study Guides Related Articles:
Speed reading involves the attempt to read words by groups, rather than reading word by word. Reading word by word has many disadvantages. It is time consuming and tiring - it may cause eye strain. It can also ma...
By: Study Tips Today
Talking about hypothetical events might involve using sentences that contain "if." Some sentences that contain "if" are called conditional sentences. They contain two parts: a condition (a situa...
By: Study Tips Today