Study Skills Proofreading Activity: How to Proofread Part 3 - This worksheet is the third part of our proofreading skills activities. This handout continues to cover how to proofread your work carefully.
Go to this webpage:
In order to do this exercise, you must follow these steps:
1. Look carefully at the text on the left side of the screen.
2. Check the text word-by-word to find spelling mistakes.
3. If you think a word is incorrectly spelled, simply type the correct spelling in the box on the bottom of the right box “Type your guess here”.
4. Then click on the “check” button.
5. If you have spelled the word correctly, it will appear in the large window on the right hand side of the screen.
6. If it does not appear, you have spelled the word incorrectly and need to enter it again.
Spelling and Proofreading Exercise: There are ten mistakes in the following passage. Please find and correct them.
Globalisation has brought with it the need for millons of people to comunicate simply and effectively using a language they both understand. For beter or worse, English has come to fulfil this need. Whether English poetry, prose and drama or Shakespeare himself has any place in English Langage Teaching at present is a question wich cannot be answered without asking why the world is learning English in the first place. For a long time, it was asumed that people wanted to learn English because they were intereted in the culture of speakers of English. A closer look at the needs shows that this is not true. What learners want is to do busines in English, study abraod or make freinds.
We will continue to have more study skills activities in the near future. Please continue to check out our site!
About the Author:
Compliments of www.study-tips-today.com
This Article is Brought to you by:
Student Study Guides Related Articles:
For most, the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) will be an important part of the business school application process. The GMAT is a standardized test B-Schools use to evaluate applicants. Naturally, preparing for t...
By: Mason Brentwood
Going to college is not easy today. The fees, books, travel all bring up a hefty sum of money that has to be spent for college education. Some people may in fact, have to take out some student loans to cope with all these ...
By: Gibran Selman