If you feel overwhelmed by your studies, you need our study tips. It is all too easy to sit yourself down at a table in your kitchen and get out your books to do some study, but are you getting the best from your study time? Preparing for study by taking a few minutes to get organized will ensure that you can make the most of the time you have available.
Here are a few tips to help you to organize your study efficiently and effectively.
- The most important thing to consider when planning your study is where you will study. You will be more efficient if you can designate an area that is only used for a study area; a small area of your bedroom where you are unlikely to be distracted is a great place to choose. If your living circumstances make it impossible to concentrate at home, check out the local library and plan your study around their opening times.
- Next is when to study. Prepare a study timetable. This can be incredibly helpful because you can plan the rest of your daily activities around your study. For instance, if you study best in the morning, get up an hour or so earlier and use that time for study. Make the members of your household aware of your study timetable so they will not be tempted to distract you.
- When writing a study timetable, try to arrange it so that you are studying only one topic during each time slot. By doing this, you will be able to concentrate better than if you are hopping from topic to topic.
- Make sure that you have everything you will need for your study session before you sit down. Have you got all the text books you will need? Have you got a power supply available nearby for your laptop (if you are using one)? Have you got any notes that you took during a lesson? Being super organized before you sit down to study will ensure that you are not distracted by having to search for an important piece of material while studying.
- Have a snack before you start; if you are hungry you will not be able to concentrate efficiently. Have a bottle of water next to you so you don’t need to go in search of a drink.
- If you are studying for an important exam, your household should be asked to respect your study times.
Remember, you want to pass your exams or tests the first time so you will not have to re-take them. Study time is very important, so try to be organized, disciplined, and prepared in order to get the best from your study.
About the Author:
Compliments of www.study-tips-today.com
This Article is Brought to you by:
Student Study Guides Related Articles:
Speed reading involves the attempt to read words by groups, rather than reading word by word. Reading word by word has many disadvantages. It is time consuming and tiring - it may cause eye strain. It can also ma...
By: Study Tips Today
Academic Help.net is well organised with help on academic and non-academic writing, they offer a vast amount of free resources on Essay Writing, Research Papers, Writing Reviews and Term...